Cyclic Materials is the most exciting cleantech company in North America.
We are addressing environmental, geopolitical, and supply chain challenges by recovering rare earth elements and other valuable materials from the difficult-to-recycle products of the modern world. We provide the market with a secure and regional supply metals critical to the energy transition, and do so in an ethical, economic, and sustainable way.
With the global market for magnet rare earth elements forecast to increase dramatically by 2030, establishing new sources of these critical elements will be vital to support the electrification of the economy across Canada, North America, and the world.
Cyclic Materials is positioned to be a key player in developing a circular economy to support the energy transition.
Join the team in building a global recycling cleantech company.
As a member of the Strategic Partnerships team, you will develop and maintain a steady supply of feedstock to be recycled. Your duties will encompass all things related to product management of types of our feedstock, including business development. You will be based in our corporate office in Toronto and can expect occasional travel throughout North America to meet with sellers and attend conferences. Occasional visits to the company’s engineering facilities in downtown Kingston, Ontario, are possible. You will report to the Director of Feedstock. When not traveling, this team works 3-4 days-per week in-person in the Toronto office.
- Manage certain categories of feedstock products, including maintaining relationships with suppliers.
- Assist in the negotiation of long-term supply contracts, gathering and analyzing historical pricing information.
- Stay abreast of current market trends and competitive situations/practices to meet the needs of the operations supplied.
- Provide information to management to help develop cost avoidance and savings opportunities in the purchase, transportation, and processing of scrap.
- Review scrap order shipment status weekly and make necessary adjustments to ensure timely receipt of goods purchased and proper order application.
- Within established policies, resolve discrepancies primarily pertaining to grading, weight settlement, order application, and other disputes with vendors and Operations personnel. Issues must be resolved tactfully to maintain sound and effective relationships.
- Coordinate supply requirements and timing with operations department.
- Track and analyze industry trends from professional media and news releases.
- Handle inbound logistics, including product sampling and analysis.
- Assist in the development of external presentations, grant applications, certifications, and other documentation.
- Represent the company in industry associations.
What you bring:
- Knowledge of the scrap metals industry, especially feed acquisition and product sales is a plus.
- Knowledge of and relationships in the automotive recycling industry, especially product sales, is a plus.
- Familiarity with automobile recycling Yard Management Systems is a plus.
- Financial fluency and ability to build quantitative models, operating in Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Twice because it's that important!
- Business degree or MBA is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results with a respectful and inclusive style.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic Startup environment, contributing outside of specific responsibilities.
- Ability to develop repeatable processes and procedures to support company growth.
What we can offer you:
- An impactful company improving the sustainability of critical materials production.
- The opportunities of a young and fast-growing company. Your success is our success!
- Global opportunities for growth and travel.
- Leadership opportunities as the company grows.
- A dynamic work environment that’s focused on learning with accelerated career paths.
- A competitive salary package.
- Health and wellness benefits.
- Salary range: CAD $75,000-$100,000