Cyclic Materials is the most exciting cleantech company in North America.
We are addressing environmental, geopolitical, and supply chain challenges by recovering rare earth elements and other valuable materials from the difficult-to-recycle products of the modern world. We provide the market with a secure and regional supply metals critical to the energy transition, and do so in an ethical, economic, and sustainable way.
With the global market for magnet rare earth elements forecast to increase dramatically by 2030, establishing new sources of these critical elements will be vital to support the electrification of the economy across Canada, North America, and the world.
Cyclic Materials is positioned to be a key player in developing a circular economy to support the energy transition.
Join the team in building a global recycling cleantech company.
As the Director of Certifications and Sustainability, you will work on documenting the ESG impact of Cyclic Materials and obtaining certifications from various standards groups. Your duties will be cross-functional, collaborating with Engineering and Technology for data collection, and with Strategic Partnerships to communicate the company’s impact to external shareholders. You will be based in our corporate office in Toronto with occasional travel for conferences and meetings. Occasional visits to the company’s engineering facilities in downtown Kingston, Ontario are possible. You will report to the VP of Strategic Partnerships. When not traveling, this team works 3-4 days-per-week in-person in the Toronto office.
- Identify certifications that will help grow Cyclic Materials and assist downstream partners. Expected certifications include ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and R2.
- Manage the certification process, including gathering required data from internal stakeholders and reporting information to external certification bodies.
- Oversee a life-cycle analysis (LCA) of Cyclic Materials’ products, including both critical and base metals, comparing the results to mined sources of these materials.
- Interface with Engineering and Technology to gather and incorporate technical data into the LCA.
- Investigate CO2, water, and soil impact relative to alternative sources of the metals.
What you bring:
- Experience with certifications and auditing procedures.
- Knowledge of the identified certifications a plus.
- Experience with sustainability measures and LCAs.
- Experience with mining and metals is a plus.
- Financial fluency and ability to build quantitative models.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Twice because it's that important!
- Demonstrates ability to achieve results with a respectful and inclusive style.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic Startup environment, contributing outside of specific responsibilities.
- Ability to develop repeatable processes and procedures to support company growth.
What we can offer you:
- An impactful company improving the sustainability of critical materials production.
- The opportunities of a young and fast-growing company. Your success is our success!
- Global opportunities for growth and travel.
- Leadership opportunities as the company grows.
- A dynamic work environment that’s focused on learning with accelerated career paths.
- A competitive salary package.
- Health and wellness benefits.
- Salary range: CAD $65,000-$80,000