Cyclic Materials is the most exciting cleantech company in North America.
We are addressing environmental, geopolitical, and supply chain challenges by recovering rare earth elements and other valuable materials from the difficult-to-recycle products of the modern world. We provide the market with a secure and regional supply metals critical to the energy transition, and do so in an ethical, economic, and sustainable way.
With the global market for magnet rare earth elements forecast to increase dramatically by 2030, establishing new sources of these critical elements will be vital to support the electrification of the economy across Canada, North America, and the world.
Cyclic Materials is positioned to be a key player in developing a circular economy to support the energy transition.
Join the team in building a global recycling cleantech company.
As a member of the Strategic Partnerships team, you will work under the VP of Strategic Partnerships to support the sale of the recycled metals produced by the company. Your duties will encompass all things related to the sale of metals, including negotiation of pricing and volumes. You will be based in our corporate office in Downtown Toronto and will travel throughout North America to meet with buyers and attend conferences. Occasional visits to the company’s engineering facilities in downtown Kingston, Ontario are possible. When not traveling, this team works 3-4 days-per-week in-person in the Toronto office.
- Develop relationships with downstream buyers, including refiners and end-users of the company’s products.
- Determine optimal volume and pricing strategy, supplying multiple buyers.
- Interface with the sales agent for all sales, shipments, and product sampling.
- Develop and oversee a hedging strategy and implement it with the sales agent.
What you bring:
- Knowledge of the scrap metals industry, including steel, aluminum, and copper.
- Knowledge of the refined metals industry, including rare earth elements, cobalt, nickel, and boron.
- Experience of hedging strategies.
- Experience with shipping logistics and sampling.
- Relationships with major metals buyers, whether refiners or traders.
- Financial fluency and ability to build quantitative models.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Twice because it's that important!
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results with a respectful and inclusive style.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic Startup environment, contributing outside of specific responsibilities.
- Ability to develop repeatable processes and procedures to support company growth.
What we can offer you:
- An impactful company improving the sustainability of critical materials production.
- The opportunities of a young and fast-growing company. Your success is our success!
- Global opportunities for growth and travel.
- Leadership opportunities as the company grows.
- A dynamic work environment that’s focused on learning with accelerated career paths.
- A competitive salary package.
- Health and wellness benefits.
- Salary range: CAD $110,000-$150,000