Cyclic Materials is the most exciting cleantech company in North America.
We are addressing environmental, geopolitical, and supply chain challenges by recovering rare earth elements and other valuable materials from the difficult-to-recycle products of the modern world. We provide the market with a secure and regional supply metals critical to the energy transition, and do so in an ethical, economic, and sustainable way.
With the global market for magnet rare earth elements forecast to increase dramatically by 2030, establishing new sources of these critical elements will be vital to support the electrification of the economy across Canada, North America, and the world.
Cyclic Materials is positioned to be a key player in developing a circular economy to support the energy transition.
Join the team in building a global recycling cleantech company.
At Cyclic Materials, we look for bright, ambitious, innovative team players who enjoy challenges and have a drive to produce results. As the Senior Metallurgist, you will lead Cyclic Materials’ process development and optimization and mentor younger metallurgists. This role plays a critical role to support the development and implementation of our rare earth element recycling process.Your duties will encompass developing and overseeing metallurgical test work, lead the optimization of our process as we scale it, and work with our Strategic Partnerships team to ensure products and byproducts meet client specifications.You will split your time between our engineering office in downtown Kingston, Ontario and our R&D partner's facility located close by, with occasional travel required. You will report to the Director of Engineering and Technology. When not traveling, this team works 3-4 days-per-week in-person in the Kingston, ON office.
- Lead process development and optimization for scaling up Cyclic Materials recycling process.
- Lead, manage, and analyze lab testwork programs including development of test procedures.
- Recommend and initiate enhancements to achieve improved technical and environmental performance.
- Oversee day-to-day metallurgical performance of the plant.
- Maintain accurate metallurgical balances and reporting.
- Interface with laboratory and operating personnel to support the installation, commissioning, and operation of all Cyclic Materials’ plants.
- Manage projects and meet deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you bring
- 5-10+ years of Hydrometallurgical experience a professional engineering designation is a plus.
- Experience in leading test work development and execution and bench and pilot scale
- Experience at an operating plant as a plant metallurgist.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in the context of a respectful, inclusive, and service-minded style.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills. Strong written and verbal communications skills. Twice because it's that important!
- Drive to initiate meaningful work based on experience and insights.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic Startup environment, contributing outside of specific responsibilities.
What can we offer you?
- An impactful company improving the sustainability of critical materials production.
- The opportunities of a young and fast-growing company. Your success is our success!
- Global opportunities for growth and travel.
- Leadership opportunities as the company grows.
- A dynamic work environment that’s focused on learning with accelerated career paths.
- An incredibly competitive salary package.
- Health and wellness benefits.
- Salary Range: CAD 90,000 – 130,000