Cyclic Materials is the most exciting cleantech company in North America.
We are addressing environmental, geopolitical, and supply chain challenges by recovering rare earth elements and other valuable materials from the difficult-to-recycle products of the modern world. We provide the market with a secure and regional supply metals critical to the energy transition, and do so in an ethical, economic, and sustainable way.
With the global market for magnet rare earth elements forecast to increase dramatically by 2030, establishing new sources of these critical elements will be vital to support the electrification of the economy across Canada, North America, and the world.
Cyclic Materials is positioned to be a key player in developing a circular economy to support the energy transition.
Join the team in building a global recycling cleantech company.
As a member of the Strategic Partnerships team, you will work on the logistics of feedstock and product transportation. Your duties will encompass all things related to shipping, including scheduling, creation of documentation, tracking, and sampling upon arrival. You will interface with the company’s metals agent for some shipments. You will be based in our corporate office in Toronto. Occasional visits to the company’s engineering facilities in downtown Kingston, Ontario are possible. You will report to the Director of Offtakes. When not traveling, this team works 3-4 days-per-week in-person in the Toronto office.
- Organizing inbound and outbound logistics.
- Preparation of shipping documentation, including BOL, MSDS/SDS, and others.
- Tracking of shipments in movement.
- Interface with sales agent regarding shipments.
What you bring:
- Knowledge of international shipping, customs, and documentation, including metal and other materials shipping.
- Experience with freight forwarders.
- Experience with product sampling, such as metals and concentrates, a plus.
- 3+ years of experience with ocean import shipments, container drayage, and transloading.
- 3+ years of experience with FCL, LCL, LTL, FTL, Dry Van, and flatbed shipments.
- Financial fluency and ability to build quantitative models, operating in Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Twice because it's that important!
- Ability to operate in a dynamic Startup environment, contributing outside of specific responsibilities.
- Ability to develop repeatable processes and procedures to support company growth.
What we can offer you:
- An impactful company improving the sustainability of critical materials production.
- The opportunities of a young and fast-growing company. Your success is our success!
- Global opportunities for growth and travel.
- Leadership opportunities as the company grows.
- A dynamic work environment that’s focused on learning with accelerated career paths.
- A competitive salary package.
- Health and wellness benefits.
- Salary range: CAD $65,000-$80,000