Cyclic Materials is one of the most exciting cleantech companies in North America.
We are addressing environmental, geopolitical, and supply chain challenges by recovering rare earth elements and other valuable materials from many difficult-to-recycle products of the modern world.
We provide the market with a secure and regional supply of metals critical to the energy transition, and do so in an ethical, economically viable, and sustainable way.
With the global market for magnet rare earth elements forecast to increase dramatically by 2030, establishing new sources of these critical elements will be vital to support the electrification of transportation and energy across Canada, North America, and around the world.
Cyclic Materials is positioned to be a key player in developing a circular economy to support the energy transition.
We are a passionate, driven group of people who bring a dedication to the entrepreneurial spirit paired with a desire to make a meaningful positive impact on the planet. Cyclic Materials believes in fostering a culture of respect and support across all our stakeholders.
Join our team and help build a global recycling cleantech company!
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Senior Construction Manager to be part of building a new recycling cleantech future. This position will lead the site development, construction, and commissioning of our first full-sized commercial physical recycling plant (Spoke 1) located in Kingston Ontario. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the management, monitoring, and smooth running of the project, from permitting and plan development to completion. Experience delivering capital projects is a must, including full site and plant development. This role will be responsible for overall project success including management of all sub-contractors, communication with equipment vendors and internal resource coordination to ensure on time delivery and installation of the processing equipment and delivery of the project to our Plant Operations Manager and their team. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to take responsibility for managing the construction of future plants across North America following the completion of the Kingston project.
What You Will Be Doing
The position requires strong technical, project management, organizational, and communication skills and will develop the knowledge of the systems, processes and tools required to plan and build new facilities.
What You Will Bring
- 10-15 years’ related experience in capital and construction project management; PMP an asset.
- Post-Secondary degree in technical area of study (e.g., engineering, architectural science, construction management) considered an asset in lieu of extensive experience.
- Experience in the recycling, mining and metals, and chemical industry sector an asset. A solid understanding of all construction trades and construction techniques is a requirement.
- Excellent proactivity, organization and time management skills, and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of OH&S regulations and related building codes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment as well as working independently to ensure processing and completion of relevant tasks in a timely and accurate manner.