Cyclic Materials is the most exciting cleantech company in NorthAmerica.
We are addressing environmental, geopolitical, and supply chain challenges by recovering rare earth elements and other valuable materials from the difficult-to-recycle products of the modern world. We provide the market with a secure and regional supply metals critical to the energy transition, and do so in an ethical, economic, and sustainable way.
With the global market for magnet rare earth elements forecast to increase dramatically by 2030, establishing new sources of these critical elements will be vital to support the electrification of the economy across Canada, North America, and the world.
Cyclic Materials is positioned to be a key player in developing a circular economy to support the energy transition.
Join the team in building a global recycling cleantech company.
At Cyclic Materials, we look for bright, ambitious, innovative team players who enjoy challenges and have a drive to produce results. As the Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will lead all things Mechanical Engineering related and mentor younger engineers. This role plays a critical role to support the development and implementation of our rare earth element recycling process. Your duties will encompass all things mechanical, such as equipment specification, mechanical design, fabrication of equipment, and testing. You will split your time between our engineering office in downtown Kingston, Ontario and our R&D partner's facility located close by, with occasional travel required. You will report to the Director of Engineering and Technology. When not traveling, this team works 3-4 days-per-week in-person in the Kingston, ON office.
- Prepare and lead equipment specification and selection.
- Prepare plans, designs, sizing calculations and materials selection.
- Create conceptual mechanical designs (drawings and specifications) for custom equipment.
- Interface with equipment venders and manage equipment procurement.
- Prepare other specifications that meet mechanical requirements, such as for piping, valves, and coatings.
- Create maintenance plans for major equipment.
- Interface with laboratory and operating personnel to support the design, installation, commissioning, and operation of Cyclic Material’ plants.
- Manage projects and meet deadlines.
- Review and advise on technical documents submitted by vendors.
- Prepare or provide input to 3D models and 2D mechanical drawings.
- Prepare technical specification packages and perform technical bid evaluations for procurement of mechanical equipment.
- Other engineering duties, as assigned.
What you bring
- 5-10+ years of Mechanical Engineering experience and a professional engineering designation.
- Demonstrated design and engineering experience in heavy industry environment.
- Experience with generating equipment design specifications and Material-Takeoffs (MTO)
- Experience with procurement of large capital equipment from RFP to operations.
- Knowledge and experience with piping and plant layout.
- Working knowledge and use of CAD, SmartPlant,3D software.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in the context of a respectful, inclusive, and service-minded style.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills. Strong written and verbal communications skills. Twice because it'sthat important!
- Drive to initiate meaningful work based on experience and insights.
- Strong problem solving and organization skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic Startup environment, contributing outside of specific responsibilities.
What can we offer you?
- An impactful company improving the sustainability of critical materials production.
- The opportunities of a young and fast-growing company. Your success is our success!
- Global opportunities for growth and travel.
- Leadership opportunities as the company grows.
- A dynamic work environment that’s focused on learning with accelerated career paths.
- An incredibly competitive compensation package.
- Health and wellness benefits.
- Salary Range: CAD 90,000 – 130,000